NAMENDA XR® (extended-release capsules) is now available in all strengths, 7mg, 14mg, 21mg, and 28mg. NAMENDA XR capsules offer convenient once-daily dosing for your patients, and can be administered day or night, with or without food. Dosing and Administration
- The recommended starting dose of NAMENDA XR is 7 mg once daily. The recommended and maximum target dose is 28 mg once daily. The dose should be increased in 7 mg increments to 28 mg once daily. The minimum recommended interval between dose increases is one week and only if the previous dose has been well tolerated.
- It is recommended that a patient who is on a regimen of 10 mg twice daily of NAMENDA tablets be switched to NAMENDA XR 28 mg once-daily capsules the day following the last dose of a 10 mg NAMENDA tablet. There is no study addressing the comparative efficacy of these 2 regimens.
- It is recommended that a patient with severe renal impairment who is on a regimen of 5 mg twice daily of NAMENDA tablets be switched to NAMENDA XR 14 mg once-daily capsules the day following the last dose of a 5 mg NAMENDA tablet.
- If a patient is not currently taking NAMENDA twice a day, it’s recommended to start NAMENDA XR according to the pictured schedule. The patient should stay on the same dose for at least 7 days. The dose should be increased only if the previous dose was well tolerated.
- NAMENDA XR capsules may be opened and the contents sprinkled on applesauce. Make sure the entire contents of the capsule are taken all at once.